U3 Infotech (“U3” or “we”, including all entities of U3, including its subsidiaries incorporated in Malaysia, India and related companies) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personally-identifiable information that we collect from you as you use this Web site (the “Site”), from U3’s job advertisements in various job portals, and through other channels of communication (e.g., emails and social media channels). We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. To that end, we have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by data protection principles.
We have also recognised and fulfilled our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the demands of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act.
By choosing to submit information, you voluntarily provide your consent to u3’s use of such information as described herein.
Information Protection – We have policies and practices to address data protection obligations, and procedures to identify and assess what Personal Information we hold, where it comes from, how and why it is processed and if and to whom it is disclosed. These include, but are not limited to:
- Data Protection – U3 stores all Personal Information on secure servers, and protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards against unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion.
- Data Retention & Erasure – We have ensured that Personal Information is stored, archived and destroyed compliantly and ethically. We have dedicated retention and erasure procedures in place to meet the new ‘Right to Erasure’ obligation. If you no longer want U3 to store and process your Personal Data, please send us an email request at DPO@u3infotech.com.
- Data Breaches – Our breach procedures ensure that we have safeguards and measures in place to identify, assess, investigate and report any personal data breach at the earliest possible time. Our procedures have been disseminated to all employees, making them aware of the reporting lines and steps to follow.
- International Data Transfers, Storage & Third-Party Disclosures – where U3 stores or transfers Personal Information overseas, we have safeguarding measures in place to secure, encrypt and maintain the integrity of the data.
- Obtaining Consent – We have a consent mechanism for obtaining personal data, ensuring that individuals understand what they are providing, purpose of it and how we use it and giving clear ways to consent to us processing their information. We have a process for recording user consent, making sure that we can evidence an affirmative opt-in, and an easy to access & withdraw consent at any time.
Third Party Web Sites
The U3 Site may contain links to third party web sites over which we have no control. These links are intended to allow our users to share our content on those sites. We are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites linked from our Websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Notification of Purpose
- Collective User Information
We may gather usage information from our Site collectively, such as what areas of the Site users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such collective data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for you. We may, in the future, share this information with our affiliated companies, but only in the aggregate, without identifying you individually, so that they too may understand how U3 Site visitors use our Site, and also to create a better overall experience for you.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations or as required in legal proceedings.
- Personally-identifiable information
U3 collects personally-identifiable information (“Personal Info”) when users request information or a response, sign up for events, apply for jobs, and participate in user posting areas, such as bulletin boards, discussion forums, and surveys. The personally-identifiable information collected may include, without limitation, your professional resume, career preferences, company or school affiliations, availability information, and contact information (names, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone/ fax numbers). None of your personally-identifiable information is searchable by any third parties. You are not required to provide us with personally-identifiable information. However, without sufficient personally-identifiable information, U3 may be limited in its ability to provide you with relevant services or content.
- Your Personal Info
U3 uses your Personally-identifiable information to fulfil your requests for information, to process your requests to participate in events, and to review and consider any employment-related inquiries that you may submit. We may keep any of your Personally-identifiable information on file and use it to contact you for recruiting or stated purposes.
- Disclosure of personally-identifiable information to third parties
U3 will not intentionally disclose (and will take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your Personally-identifiable information to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of U3), whether for such third parties’ marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following five exceptions:
- U3 may disclose your Personally-identifiable information with our clients for the purpose of hiring evaluation, with health insurance companies for medical policies, and with background checking agencies for employment verification.
- U3 may disclose your Personally-identifiable information to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction;
- U3 may disclose your Personally-identifiable information to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery;
- U3 may disclose your Personally-identifiable information if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure;
- U3 may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to U3;
- If U3 and/or any of its affiliates merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by U3 or such affiliates may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party.
- Links to third-party sites
As a service to our users, our Site may contain links to third party web sites (such as social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, or job sites, etc.) over which we have no control. These links are intended to allow our users to share our content on those sites. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on our Websites is in fact supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third- party Web sites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. We are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites linked from our Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
- Access & Correction of information
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any personally-identifiable information that you submitted to U3. You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the Site. To do so, send us an e-mail at DPO@u3infotech.com. If you have not accessed your resume for some time we may also contact you to check your information is still correct.
U3 has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect Personally-identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Personally-identifiable information communicated to and from our Site is scrambled using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. Electronic data is stored in third party data centres that also implement the highest standards of data protection and security. Only authorized U3 personnel are provided access to personally-identifiable information by designating access according to their business needs, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, U3 cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personally-identifiable information.
- Transborder hosting and transfer of information
Personally-identifiable information collected on the Site may be transferred from time to time to U3 offices or our external third party data centres located anywhere, and the Websites may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world. In doing so, we will comply with the PDPA and other applicable data protection and privacy laws, such as the GDPR. By using the Site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
Data Protection Officer
133 Cecil Street, #14-03 Keck Seng Tower, Singapore 069535
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer, Mr. Gary Suaco:
U3 Infotech Pte Ltd,
This policy has been updated on 4th May 2021.